Near the northwest corner is plaque that begins: “… 12,00 years ago, meltwater from retreating glaciers formed Lake Iroquois …. The ancient shore remains as an escarpment overlooking the plain on which Toronto is built.”
In an early private-public partnership, Davenport Road was constructed with tollbooths. The Tollkeeper’s Cottage dates back to 1835.
Across Davenport Road, on the south side, is the TTC Hillcrest Complex.
The Hillcrest yards are where streetcars are maintained. Continue reading “2008/08/03 Davenport Road west of Bathurst Street: Hillcrest, Wychwood“